Friday, June 24, 2005

More Books

I read a lot, but I only tell you about the not-so-trashy ones here. The trashy ones, I occasionally talk about on Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Novels.

My latest favorite book is The Lake, the River & the Other Lake, by Steve Amick. And thanks to ypsi~dixit for telling me about this wonderful new book from a local author.

Example

It really captures Michigan, tourism, summer people (Fudgies), boating, teenage life, social class, immigrant cherry pickers, the evils of jet skis, and so much more. It's the pefect summer read....light but not as completely mindless as Eleven on Top (which I gulped down as a frothy antidote after finishing Under the Banner of Heaven for my book club). I hope Amick's next book has more about Ann Arbor. Regardless, I'm looking forward to reading more of his work, and I'm going to buy some copies of his book for friends & relatives.

No comments: