Friday, June 03, 2005

Resources & Reading Guide for "The Truth Behind the Mommy Wars"

I am just so impressed with this book and this author, Miriam Peskowitz. I just ran across a reading guide for her book, and there is a wonderful list of online resources at her blog at Playground Revolution.

I'm thrilled to see that her book is moving up in Amazon's ratings, now at 12,046 (a week ago languishing at 96,088); still dismayed that Perfect Madness rates a huge 1162 (dropping from last week's 767). But what can I expect from a population that elected George W. Bush?

Right now I'm reading Laurie Notaro's We Thought You Would Be Prettier: True Tales of the Dorkiest Girl Alive, which is probably the funniest thing I've read since David Sedaris's Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. Which I initially had an impossible time finding on Amazon because I couldn't spell corduroy. I couldn't find Peskowitz's book for a long time, either, because I kept searching for The Truth About the Mommy Wars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm getting Miriam to come be our featured speaker at our Mothers and More Open House in October. I can't wait. I loved book, and found it far more purposeful than all the other mommy books I had read.