from Heels at Mundane Superhero:
1. What childhood book influenced you the most and why?
I think Frances Hodgson Burnett's "The Secret Garden" had a huge influence - I read it at a very young age, and it is probably responsible for my love of "Pride & Prejudice" (both books and movies) and literature in general. Also, this was the start of reading romances (both gothic & otherwise), combined with gardening and nature-loving and an examination urban/rural differences and social class. What more could you want, really?
2. You may change one historically significant event in one way only. What will you change, and why?
The election results in November 2004, for obvious reasons. And I thought the Reagan years were endless. Ha.
3. Who was your favorite teacher and have you adopted any of the traits you admired in that person as your own?
I think my high school rhetoric teacher, Mr. Adrian, was my favorite. I've adopted some of his writing styles, and certainly many of his editing techniques. Cut that deadwood! Read Strunk & White.
4. Who's on your top 10 list?
Top 10 for what? I'm just going to list ten 'public' personas I'd like to hear or see more of in general. :-) Unsurprisingly, many of them are authors.
Mary Catherine Bateson
Anthony Bourdain (it would be good if he could cook for me)
Lois McMaster Bujold
5. Dead People Dinner Party: you may invite 5 other people. Who and why?
Stephen Jay Gould
They're all academic/author types who also were interested in popular culture & eduation. I think they'd all get along well (although maybe Mead & Bateson wouldn't, as ex-spouses) and would have some fascinating stories and conversations.
Want to play? The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below asking to be interviewed.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.