Saturday, February 25, 2006

See "Mamas in Blogland"....

...for some fascinating reading on "maternal narrative, momoirs, and the rise of the blog", "blogging mom cliques" and much more over at The Mothers Movement Online. How come no one at Good Morning America solicited someone from that site for their show on "The Mommy Wars"? Could it be that sound bites and conflict are more entertaining than a real look at the social issues that undermine mothers and families as a whole in our society?

Also, read Are We Having Fun Yet? on MMO for a more in-depth look at parenting and depression (like much of the mainstream media, I did a cursory blurb on a study that is considerably more complicated than it seemed). Since this kind of facile misinterpretation of scientific studies is one of my pet peeves, and I was just complaining about sound bites a minute ago, I thought I had really better post the link.

1 comment:

Devra said...

Add me to the list of people who are frustrated with the lack of media attention being given to true experts. JST and her website are incredible and I am honored each time I am asked to participate on it in one way or another. Maybe the media will consider covering the ARM conference. We can always dream, right?