Friday, March 10, 2006

Peanut Butter and Jellyfish Sandwiches

Unlike a lot of mommy bloggers, I'm not really comfortable sharing too much about my husband or children here.

But...some things beg to be told. Today when I picked my 4 year old daughter up at preschool, she proudly showed me the big cardboard bee with cellophane wings that she'd made. All of the bees were stuck on a big paper sandwich on the door.

"Look!" she said. "It's on a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich!"

Her older brother talks about jellyfish and horseshoe crabs and Triops like an invertebrate biologist, and we just saw jellyfish at the Toledo Zoo last weekend. Both kids view pbj's with disdain, and we've stopped offering them, so I can see how jelly automatically became jellyfish. Still, the idea of a bunch of slimy jellyfish smooshed into peanut butter on bread, trailing dripping stinging tentacles, is one that had me smiling all the way out of the school.

No comments: